Navigating the Holidays: A Guide for Adults with Divorced Parents | 259
Welcome back to the Homeschooling Families Podcast. Today, Kent Darcie is back with us. Leslie Nunnery talked to him earlier this fall about the impact of divorce on children, no matter their age when it happens. His insights were incredibly helpful, and his book, "Choose a Better Path," has been a tremendous resource that we have recommended to many. Today, we're delving into a crucial conversation about navigating the holidays when dealing with grief and brokenness, exploring how one can still find joy and healing during this season.
Meet the Guest:
Kent is not only the founder of Adults with Divorced Parents Ministries but also a Licensed Professional Counselor based in Southeast Michigan. He brings a wealth of expertise and insight to our discussion. Kent is the author of the empowering book, 'Choose a Better Path: Overcoming the Impact of Your Parents’ Divorce.' If that's not impressive enough, Kent and his wife Kathy have just celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. They have three adult kids, providing him with a unique perspective on the challenges and triumphs of navigating family dynamics over the long haul.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- Practical strategies shared for finding joy and healing during the festive season
- Focus on blessings and gratitude during the holiday season
- Tips for spouses and friends on supporting those dealing with divorce during holidays
- Acknowledge and normalize feelings, providing a safe space for individuals to share
- Practical suggestions for spouses and friends to offer support post-holidays
- Remembering the Psalms and how individuals can pour out their complaints to the Lord
- Learn more about Kent and his ministry Adults with Divorced Parents HERE
Teach Them Diligently website
Join their Membership Community
Find the Teach Them Diligently App by searching “Teach Them Diligently” in your Apple or Android App store.
David is passionate about helping families grow in their faith and helping believers find their place in the Great Commission. He has spoken at numerous conferences and events across the United States and is committed to supporting the efforts of missionaries around the world.