3 Surprising Ways to Stop Overthinking, Improve Your Mood During the Day, & Get the Sleep Your Body Needs #64
At night, do you ever try to fall asleep but find you can’t turn off the overthinking even though you’re exhausted? Or during the day, you're trying to move forward, but you feel drained of energy, weighed down by your worry?
Learn how to help signal your body to respond to stress and stop overthinking and sleep better, by activating a counter-balancing relaxation response designed by God.
Soul care coach Bonnie shares 3 key ways inspired by one of Jesus’ approaches in Scripture, backed by scientific tips to help ease anxiety and sleep better.
This episode will help you calm your mind and body to better tackle what you need to take care of during the day and rest better at night.
- The power of touch eases feelings of depression
- How your daytime activities determine how much melatonin your body releases to help you sleep at night
- How to stop the brain’s stress response of overthinking and ease body pain.
- 7 foods to eat that help your body relax
This Week's Memory Verse: “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10).
Soul Care Tip: Why spending face-to-face time improves sleep and rest, why walking 10 minutes lowers anxiety more than 45 minutes at the gym, plus: how your body creates melatonin.
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Take the Soul Care Quiz at com – your FREE personal wellness assessment – to learn which areas of wellness you’re missing most to flourish with God’s peace and joy in your life.
- Grab Bonnie’s new book to lower stress, Breathe: 21 Ways to Stress Less & Transform Chaos to Calm
- Join the FREE Breathe Wellness Book Club to tackle for areas of well-being: emotional, physical, spiritual, and social wellness at http://thebonniegray.com/breathe. Get 4 LIVE Sessions + Community Support!
- Get Bonnie’s FREE New Breathe Devotional on the YouVersion Bible App
- Want Scientific Articles mentioned in Today’s Show? Sign up for the FREE Breathe Newsletter https://thebonniegray.com/subscribe/
- Get Bonnie’s FREE 7 Prayers & Scriptures to Calm Anxiety here!