Feeling Down? 4 Types of Rest You Need That Aren't Selfish to Encourage You: God Loves You #86
What are some of the first signs that let you know that you’re feeling discouraged? When you find it hard to pray or God feels far away, learn what simple actions you can take, so you can feel better and hear God’s loving voice. Rest isn’t the absence of activity, but allowing God to touch four different areas in your life to restore your soul and refill your energy.
Listen to this episode to learn the 4 different types of rest that you need, that aren’t selfish to encourage you, instead of staying demoralized and burned out.
Bonnie guides a new Breath Prayer technique using contemplative prayer practice (Lectio Divina) to release stress in your body and emotions.
Bonnie teaches this week’s Breath Prayer to restore God’s peace, based on Scripture and the science of well-being to release stress. Enjoy the contemplative prayer practice to cast your cares to God and renew your spirit.
- How God invites you to stop and rest to sustain you for the journey.
- The health benefits of soul searching to assess what you are doing and why
- Four types of rest and why it matters to God:
- 1 - physical rest - burnout
- 2 - emotional rest – honesty, healing
- 3 - spiritual rest - encouragement from God, decision-making guidance
- 4 - social rest – relationship, friendship, loneliness
Scripture Breath Prayer: Isaiah 43:10 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Soul Care Tip: Breath Prayer, 4 types of rest
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Sign up for Bonnie’s FREE Newsletter for devotionals & Soul Care Bible Studies https://thebonniegray.com/subscribe/
- Get Bonnie’s new book #1 New Audiobook in Meditation to lower stress, Breathe: 21 Ways to Stress Less & Transform Chaos to Calm
- Take the Soul Care Quiz at com – your FREE personal wellness assessment – to learn which areas of wellness you’re missing most.
- Get Bonnie’s FREE 7 Prayers & Scriptures to Calm Anxiety here!