Here's One Surprising Antidote to Burnout & 2 Ways That Make It Worse #93
When your burn out, what are your natural coping mechanisms? Do they work? Why or why not? In this episode, Bonnie Gray, discusses the importance of how to avoid and treat burnout, sharing the reasons why we are overwhelmed without realizing the signs.
Learn the surprising research that shows the two coping mechanisms we usually adopt make burnout worse while one powerful strategy has been proven to re-energize, motivate, lift depressive mood, and relieve anxiety.
Bonnie shares how to draw near to God in your moments of burnout, so you can feel better and start recovering your well-being.
- The Science: Learning Something New: Learning new skills or information engages the brain in a way that reduces stress and anxiety.
- The Scripture: How to Draw Near to God in practical ways to heal from burnout
- The Practice: Learn what activities help avoid burnout, the importance of supportive community, sharing stories and encouragement.
- Why Physically Spending Time outside is even more important during burnout.
- The Breath Prayer for Burnout + using visualization technique to invite a sense of peace.
Enjoy this calming pause to breathe God’s promise for you today to release stress and restore calm. Learn the scripture and science of wellbeing to renew your spirit.
Scripture Promise: "Draw near to God. Inhale, exhale, and he will draw near to you." James 4:8
Soul Care Tips: Power of Learning Something New, Imaginative prayer practice, Power of Physically Being with Others When You're Burnout
LINKS & RESOURCES
- Sign up for Bonnie’s FREE Newsletter for devotionals & Soul Care Bible Studies https://thebonniegray.com/subscribe/
- Get Bonnie’s new book #1 New Audiobook in Meditation to lower stress, Breathe: 21 Ways to Stress Less & Transform Chaos to Calm
- Take the Soul Care Quiz at http://soulcarequiz.com/ – your FREE personal wellness assessment – to learn which areas of wellness you’re missing most.
- Get Bonnie’s FREE 7 Prayers & Scriptures to Calm Anxiety here!