Breaking Body Image Shame With Rachael Gilbert
Do all the parties, cookie exchanges, and holiday meals this time of year prick your insecurities and create anxiety? Do you find yourself simultaneously enjoying home-baked treats and calculating how many hours at the gym each bite will cost? More importantly, do you ever long for the day when you don't stress about your body? In our photo-shopped, filtered, social media culture, is that even possible? Faith Over Fear guest Rachael Gilbert, author of Image Restored, says yes and shares her inside out approach to learning to feel comfortable in our skin, whatever shape it encompasses.
(Scroll down for discussion/reflective questions.)
Resource Mentioned: Image Restored: Tear Down Shame and Insecurity to Experience a Body Image Renovation.
Connect with Rachael Gilbert:
Find Jennifer Slattery:
Find Wholly Loved:
- What resonated with you most in this episode?
- What body image messages have you absorbed from your social circle?
- What body image messages have you received from generations before you?
- How often do you put your thoughts "on trial"?
- How often do you check your negative thinking against the truth of Scripture?
- In what ways might a negative body image be impacting your relationships
- How might your life change were you to feel confident in your skin?
- What is one action step God might be asking you to take, having listened to this episode?