Courageous Rest for the Exhausted and Overwhelmed
Do you find it difficult to rest, whether that involves something as simple as turning off your constantly pinging electronic devices, planning an afternoon out with friends, or engaging in a creative activity? Do all of your uncompleted tasks run through your mind the moment you step away from your desk or a particular responsibility? Sometimes it takes courage to rest. Yet, science also demonstrates, taking regular time for true, restorative rest also increases our courage by actively decreasing our anxiety. In this episode, Wholly Loved’s Kelly Campbell talks with a woman who’s dug deep into the research to discover ways we can all live a little less hustled and bustled and with ever-increasing joy and peace.
(Scroll down to find the group discussion questions)
Find Dr. Saundra Dalton-Smith at:
Take the Rest Quiz at:
Find Kelly Campbell, and Wholly Loved Ministries, at:
Join the private Faith Over Fear Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/442736966614671
Join the Private Wholly Loved Community Group (also on Facebook): https://www.facebook.com/groups/443325386241769
Group Discussion or Personal Journal Questions:
- What resonated with you most in this episode?
- When do you most tend to get defensive?
- In those particular situations, what story are you telling yourself?
- What are some truths you can reflect upon prior to those types of situations or interactions with that particular person?
- Why is it important to recognize that not everyone is a safe person who will be helpful while you are working to heal?
- How did you feel when Tina and Jennifer talked about potentially limiting time with unhealthy family members?
- What were some signs Tina mentioned that can indicate a person is not willing to change?
- How can recognizing this help you find the healthiest level of involvement with an individual more focused on casting blame than moving toward relational health?
- What is one action step God might be asking you to take after having listened to today’s content?
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.