Not So Divine Detours (Genesis 12:9-29
Sometimes we may look at our circumstances and try to take matters into our own hands, forgetting God’s calling on our lives or His promises for us. In those moments, we take a detour off of the path, a way that is of our own human understanding instead of in his perfect calling. In those moments, it is important for us to remember that we can never get so far away from God that we can’t come back and, although we might take our eyes off of God, He will never take His eyes off of us.
(Scroll down to find the group discussion questions)
Find Jodie Bailey at:
Link to previous episode, when Abraham is called to leave everything to for the Promised Land.
Group Discussion Questions:
- What resonated with you most in today’s episode?
- How do you feel when you realize that God never takes His eyes off of you?
- When is an example of a time you heard God calling you to do something? How did you respond?
- How does it make you feel to read about Abraham’s mistakes and sins in the book of Genesis then to know that, in Hebrews 11, he is commended for His faith? How can you apply that truth to your life?
- Who can you talk to and pray with about returning to God when you stray?
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
January 31, 2023
Share this episodeSee all episodes