When Obedience Leads to Hostility - Standing Strong Amidst Opposition P. 1
What happens when we step out in faith in a particular area and others respond to our obedience with open hostility? How can we persevere with courage and love when blindsided by other people's hurtful and unjust actions? In this episode Jennifer speaks with author, speaker, and soul care coach Diana Asaad, a woman who, along with her husband, accepted a pastorate over a church riddled with debt and infested with generational racism. As such, she understands the anxiety that can come when one feels under attack. She shares how to disarm our rising emotions and experience increased peace in Christ.
(Scroll down for discussion/reflective questions.)
Find Diana Asaad:
Find Jennifer Slattery:
- What resonated with you most in this episode?
- When have you encountered hostility toward your obedience in an area or situation?
- When have you encountered hostility due to generational sin?
- What fears and anxieties did that experience create?
- When you feel under attack, to whom do you tend to turn for support?
- What biblical truth has (or can) help to disarm your fears and increase your faith when you feel under attack?
- What is one action step God might be wanting you to take having listened to this episode?