When We Fear the Unknown
Is God calling you to follow Him into the unknown? What fears or other obstacles are preventing you from trusting Him as you follow? God wants us to trust Him by developing an intimacy with Him based on who He revealed Himself to be. Join us as we walk through how to apply this truth to our everyday life, as we continue to journey through the Scriptures with Jesus’s disciples. (Scripture passages: John 1:35-51.)
(Scroll down for discussion/reflective questions.)
Find Ava Pennington on:
Find Kimi Miller on:
Find Wholly Loved:
- What resonated with you most in today's episode?
- When has God called you to step into the unknown?
- What fears, doubts, or insecurities did you experience during that time?
- What tends to hinder your trust to follow God into the unknown?
- How might a lack of humility on our part be an obstacle to trusting God?
- In what ways would you like to know God better?
- How has God revealed Himself to you through His Word?
- How does knowing what Jesus did to purchase our salvation help you to trust Him?
- Jesus told His disciples to “come and see”? How might He be encouraging you to “come and see” today?
Additional Resource for more information on the names and attributes of God:
Reflections on the Names of God: 180 Devotions to Know God More Fully by Ava Pennington