Common Challenges of the Modern Blended Family, with Ron Deal
THIS MONTH’S PRAYER GUIDE: Praying God’s Word for Your Blended Family.
With over 1300 new step families forming in the US every day, it’s safe to say that each of us has the opportunities to minister to and support a blended family. Or maybe you are a blended family, looking for insight and a way to ensure the transition goes as smoothly as possible. You’re in the right place.
On today’s episode, I’ve invited Ron Deal, founder of Smart Stepfamilies, to give us a broad spectrum look at the challenges blended families face. We’ll answer questions like:
- How the Church sees the blended family in 2023.
- How to “cook” a step family.
- What relationships to prioritize when blending a family.
And Ron shares specific, heart-felt encouragement for any parent who feels like they’ve failed, and hope for how to move forward with confidence.
Don’t miss this important episode. Even if you aren’t a blended family, you know one. Take the time to understand them better when you tune in now!
Today's show is brought to you by our newest Prayer Guide, Praying God's Word for Your Blended Family, by Dorina Lazo Gilmore-Young.
Pray for God to work in your children’s hearts to:
- Trust in the Lord to provide for all their needs.
- Wait on the Lord to give them His best.
- Develop strong and lasting relationships
- Overcome pain and brokenness from their losses.
- Walk into their future confidently trusting in God's plan.
With heartfelt teaching from a blended family and scripture-inspired prayers this digital prayer guide is perfect for the busy mom who needs God to move in the hearts of her family.
She’s a wife of 20+ years and mom to two teenage boys who make their home in the mountains of Appalachia, calling southwestern Virginia home.
Find more from Brooke at MillionPrayingMoms.com