Courageously Shining God's Light in the Darkest Places with Peter Ash
When many of us learn about acts of evil, we might be tempted to shrink back in fear. However, when Peter Ash, founder of Under the Same Sun heard about the horrific abuses children with albinism suffered due to their disability, he knew he had to do something––even though, having albinism himself, could land him in danger as well. But he wasn't afraid because he knew the God who called him to this seemingly insurmountable assignment would go before him, walk beside, him, and give him everything he needed to advocate for those who, initially, had no voice. Reflecting upon all God has and is doing in and through the albinism community that is bringing God's light into some of the darkest places in our world, inspires us all to live more courageously for Christ.
(Scroll down for discussion/reflection questions.)
Resource mentioned: Free 7-Day Devotional from Under the Same Sun
Find Under the Same Sun:
Find Jennifer Slattery:
Find Wholly Loved:
- What resonated with you most in today's episode?
- What was your understanding of albinism prior to this episode?
- What thoughts and emotions did you experience upon hearing about some of the ways children with albinism have suffered?
- What most inspires you regarding Peter Ash's story?
- What does Under the Same Sun and the work they are doing reveal regarding our Father's heart?
- Why is prayer such an important aspect in helping these vulnerable children?
- How might God be asking you to get involved in helping to protect and advocate for the vulnerable and persecuted?