How to Face Anxiety as a Team When It Impacts Your Marriage
We’ve all had situations or experiences where we’ve felt anxious. Maybe before a job interview, during a move or the house-buying process, or when faced with a daunting project or deadline. For some of us, though, anxiousness isn’t limited to a situation or experience. It can be a daily struggle.
Listen in as we share our story and give you some practical suggestions on how you can support, encourage, and stay united when anxiety impacts marriage.
3 Practical Ways to Face Anxiety as a Team
- Identify triggers.
- Establish needs.
- Practice patience.
Us Time Challenge
Talk to your spouse about a time when you felt anxious. What triggered it, and what did you need? How can you prepare to face anxiety as a team in the future.
Team Us Resources
- Team Us: The Unifying Power of Grace, Commitment, and Cooperation in Marriage (https://ashleighslater.com/team-us/)
- FREE Team Us Study Guide (https://ashleighslater.com/team-us/free-team-us-study-guide/)
Links Mentioned in This Episode
- List of Phobias: Common Phobias from A to Z at verywellmind.com (https://www.verywellmind.com/list-of-phobias-2795453)
Connect with Ted and Ashleigh
- Website (https://ashleighslater.com/)
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ashleighslater_author/)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ashleighslaterauthor)
Ted’s a website developer, and Ashleigh is the author of the books Team Us: The Unifying Power of Grace, Commitment and Cooperation in Marriageand Braving Sorrow Together: The Transformative Power of Faith and Community When Life Is Hard.
Ashleigh has also written for publications including iBelieve.com, Focus on the Family Magazine, Boundless.org, and HuffPost.
Learn more at AshleighSlater.com.