What to Do When Your Spouse’s Personality Drives You Nuts
Have you ever thought, “My marriage would be a lot easier if my spouse had a personality more like mine”? If so, you’re not alone. We’ve all had moments where something about our spouse’s unique wiring annoys us. Listen in as we talk about what you can do in those moments when your spouse’s personality drives you nuts.
3 Things You Can Do When Your Spouse’s Personality Drives You Nuts
- Consider your spouse’s upbringing and past influences.
- Respect your spouse’s individual wiring even when you don’t understand it.
- Pick your spouse instead of picking a battle.
Us Time Challenge
Pick one of the popular personality tests out there and take it with your spouse. Then talk about your results and share something positive about your spouse’s personality that now makes more sense to you.
Team Us Resources
- Team Us: The Unifying Power of Grace, Commitment, and Cooperation in Marriage (https://ashleighslater.com/team-us/)
- FREE Team Us Study Guide (https://ashleighslater.com/team-us/free-team-us-study-guide/)
Connect with Ted and Ashleigh
- Website (https://ashleighslater.com/)
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/ashleighslater_author/)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ashleighslaterauthor)
Ted’s a website developer, and Ashleigh is the author of the books Team Us: The Unifying Power of Grace, Commitment and Cooperation in Marriageand Braving Sorrow Together: The Transformative Power of Faith and Community When Life Is Hard.
Ashleigh has also written for publications including iBelieve.com, Focus on the Family Magazine, Boundless.org, and HuffPost.
Learn more at AshleighSlater.com.